QuickBooks Error 15222 is an error code that occurs when there are issues with the Internet Explorer settings or the digital signature of the downloaded file. This error typically prevents users from downloading payroll updates or other important software updates in QuickBooks. Error 15222 can be frustrating, especially for businesses that rely on QuickBooks for accurate payroll processing and financial management. In this comprehensive guide, we will provide detailed troubleshooting steps to resolve QuickBooks Error 15222 and ensure smooth updates and functionality.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 15222: QuickBooks Error 15222 can be caused by various factors, including:
- Internet Explorer settings: Incorrect or outdated Internet Explorer settings can prevent QuickBooks from connecting to the necessary servers to download updates, leading to Error 15222.
- Antivirus or firewall software interference: Sometimes, third-party security software, such as antivirus or firewall applications, may interfere with the downloading and installation of QuickBooks updates, triggering Error 15222.
- Digital signature issues: If the digital signature of the downloaded QuickBooks update file is damaged or invalid, it can cause Error 15222.
- Outdated QuickBooks version: Using an outdated version of QuickBooks can also contribute to the occurrence of Error 15222.
Now, let’s proceed to the troubleshooting steps to resolve QuickBooks Error 15222:
Step 1: Update Internet Explorer Settings
- Open Internet Explorer and go to the “Tools” menu.
- Select “Internet Options” and navigate to the “Advanced” tab.
- Scroll down to the “Security” section and ensure that the following options are checked:
- “Use SSL 2.0”
- “Use SSL 3.0”
- “Use TLS 1.0”
- “Use TLS 1.1”
- “Use TLS 1.2”
- Click “Apply” and then “OK” to save the changes.
- Restart your computer and try downloading the QuickBooks update again to see if the error is resolved.
Step 2: Verify Antivirus or Firewall Settings
- Temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall software on your computer.
- Refer to the documentation or support website of your security software for instructions on how to disable it.
- Attempt to download the QuickBooks update again.
- If the error is resolved, consider adding QuickBooks as an exception in your security software or adjusting the settings to allow QuickBooks updates.
Step 3: Rename the CPS Folder
- Close QuickBooks and open the Windows File Explorer.
- Navigate to the following location: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
- Locate the “CPS” folder and right-click on it.
- Select “Rename” and add the word “old” at the end of the folder name (e.g., “CPSold”).
- Restart QuickBooks and try downloading the update again.
Step 4: Manually Download and Install the Update
- Open a web browser and visit the official Intuit website.
- Search for the specific QuickBooks update that you need to download.
- Download the update file to your computer.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to initiate the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update installation.
Step 5: Update QuickBooks to the Latest Version
- Open QuickBooks and go to the “Help” menu.
- Select “Update QuickBooks” and then click on “Update Now.”
- Wait for QuickBooks to check for available updates.
- If updates are found, click “Get Updates” to download and install them.
- Restart QuickBooks and check if the error is resolved.
QuickBooks Error 15222 can hinder the smooth downloading and installation of important updates in QuickBooks, affecting payroll processing and other essential features. By following the troubleshooting steps outlined in this guide, you can effectively resolve Error 15222 and ensure uninterrupted updates and functionality in QuickBooks. Update Internet Explorer settings, verify antivirus or firewall settings, rename the CPS folder, manually download and install the update, and update QuickBooks to the latest version. With these steps, you can overcome QuickBooks Error 15222 and maintain an optimized QuickBooks environment for your business.