Introduction: QuickBooks Error 3371 with Status Code 11118 is a common issue that users may encounter while working with QuickBooks accounting software. This error typically occurs when QuickBooks is unable to initialize the license properties, resulting in an inability to access the company file. In this guide, we will walk you through the steps to fix QuickBooks Error 3371, Status Code 11118 and get your QuickBooks up and running smoothly again.
Step 1: Update QuickBooks:
- Ensure that your QuickBooks software is updated to the latest release. Open QuickBooks and go to the “Help” menu.
- Select “Update QuickBooks” and wait for the update process to complete.
- Once the update is finished, restart your computer and check if the error persists.
Step 2: Install the Latest Windows Updates:
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type “Windows Update” in the search bar. Select “Windows Update Settings” from the search results.
- Click on “Check for Updates” and install any available updates.
- After the updates are installed, restart your computer and check if the error is resolved.
Step 3: Use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool:
- Download and install the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the official Intuit website.
- Run the tool and let it scan your system for any issues.
- Once the scan is complete, restart your computer and open QuickBooks to see if the error is resolved.
Step 4: Delete the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file:
- Close QuickBooks and make sure it is not running in the background.
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Type or copy-paste the following path into the Run dialog box and press Enter: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- Locate the “EntitlementDataStore.ecml” file in the folder and delete it.
- Restart your computer and open QuickBooks. You may be prompted to re-register the software. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the registration process.
Step 5: Reinstall QuickBooks using a Clean Install:
- Uninstall QuickBooks from your computer through the Control Panel.
- Download the latest version of QuickBooks from the official Intuit website.
- Run the installation file and follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall QuickBooks.
- After the installation is complete, activate QuickBooks using your license information.
- Restore your company file backup and check if the error is resolved.
Conclusion: QuickBooks Error 3371, Status Code 11118 can be frustrating, but by following the above steps, you can resolve the issue and get back to using QuickBooks without any interruptions. Remember to keep your QuickBooks software and Windows system up to date to minimize the chances of encountering this error in the future. If the error persists or you need further assistance, it is recommended to reach out to the official QuickBooks support or consult with a certified QuickBooks professional for personalized guidance.