Common Instances of Error 3371 QuickBooks
Typically QuickBooks Error 3371 is caused when it fails to read the data of the license. After meeting up with this error, you will see the following messages on the screen:
- QuickBooks error 3371 status code 1: License properties could not be initialized. A warning screen appears saying that [Error 3371] status code 1 QuickBooks is unable to load license data due to some damaged missing files.
- Error 3371.
- Error 3371 status code 11118 QuickBooks: Failed to initialize license properties. Your display reads – QuickBooks Error 3371 code 11118.
Factors that Triggers of QuickBooks Error 3371
All QuickBooks users must store the license details somewhere on a hard drive. This is because sometimes users may accidentally lose license details or data. Thereafter you see QuickBooks error 3371 associated messages. Let’s learn more causes that lead to the occurrence of this issue.
Missing Registration.dat File
A registration.dat file is required to validate the license of users the first time they open the QuickBooks. When a file is corrupted or damaged, the software will cease working properly and display a series of errors.
Corrupt MSXML Component
MSXML is a critical Microsoft feature that transports information from your QB registration. For the application to authenticate its registration, you’ll need a data file. The program will not function and will display errors if it is not installed.
Outdated Windows OS
Another explanation for QuickBooks Error 3371 is that you may be running an older version of Windows. As a result, you must ensure that your Operating System is updated.
Antivirus and other Applications
This error occurs when a security application or malware removes or modifies QB files. To eliminate this, make absolutely sure that the software and all applications are not included in the scan list.
Importing File Before Saving
If you are using Web connect with QB Enterprise, you must save files before browsing them, otherwise, you will get error 3371.
Spotting QuickBooks Error 3371
This nagging error can be identified by the following symptoms.
- You receive alerts about a potentially harmful HTML file.
- When you launch QuickBooks, the system begins to hang.
- When you try to copy the process from the C: drive to a new drive, you’ll get this issue.
- The software is unable to retrieve your company file.
- While working with the system, your screen generates error code notifications on a regular basis.
We feel it is vital to understand the quickest troubleshooting strategies to cure this error to prevent further issues. Let’s get started.
Troubleshooting Methods to Repair QuickBooks Error 3371:
Since this error brings a lot of troubles and more issues along with itself, it is super necessary to fix it on time. The next part contains the best troubleshooting methods. Let’s get started.
Method 1: QuickBooks Tool Hub
Well, QuickBooks Tool Hub is a name that is not new to QB users. This is because this wonder tool has the capability to fix hundreds of QB errors within minutes. It incorporates numerous tools that have unique features to fix different types of issues. Let’s see how the QB Tool Hub works:
Downloading the Tool
- Firstly, users have to exit QuickBooks.
- The preceding step is to open the Intuit website.
- Now initiate the downloading process and make sure to get the newest version of the QB Tool Hub.
- Moving on, navigate to downloads and launch the file – QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- Now, hit “I Agree” on the box against terms and conditions. Thereafter follow the instructions in a detailed manner to conclude the installation.
- Now, come to your desktop and click twice on the icon named QuickBooks tool Hub.
- If you are having trouble locating it, then browse it using the Windows Search feature.
Launching Error 3371 Fix Tool via Tool Hub
- Once you have accessed the QB tool hub, reach out to the section named “Installation Issues”.
- Click on an option named “3371 Error Fix”.
- In the end, click “OK” and access your company file.
Although, this step would have resolved the nagging error your system is going through. But if it doesn’t bring any success, then relax, we have more troubleshooting steps for you.
Method 2: Updating Windows Manually
When Qb stops functioning without informing you before or showing any signs, the system might not have the newest Windows files. The steps that users have to perform are:
- Hit the button “Windows” and thereafter select “All programs”.
- Then select “Windows Update”.
- Here, you need to find the newest updates, and if you get one, click “Install all”. This method also repairs QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error Codes.
Solution 3: Running the Tool “Fix My Program Using Tool Hub
- Firstly, users have to exit the QuickBooks desktop.
- And after that, download the tool hub (instructions already mentioned in the above method).
- Once the downloading process is over, click on the QB icon from your desktop.
- Now, reach out to the “Program Problems” section and tap “Quick Fix My Program”.
- Then hit “OK”.
- In the end, you have to close the process and open QB software to resume your work.
Method 4: QB Install Diagnostic Tool
Qb Install Diagnostic tool is another wonderful tool that Inuit offers. The best thing is you do not need to download it from any external source as Intuit offers all repairing tools to its users. Let’s see how it works:
- Firstly begin downloading the QB tool hub. Follow the downloading steps from method number- 1.
- Open it.
- Select “Installation Issues” once you access it.
- Thereafter, click “QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool”. Now it will start the run process.
- Now, the diagnostic tool will identify and fix the QuickBooks error 3371 on its own.
- Within some moments, the step will be over.
- At last, once you finish all steps, just restart the PC.
Method 5: Clean Installation of Software Quickbooks
You can also repair this problematic issue by reinstalling QB via clean installation.
- First of all, save the files.
- Now close “All programs”.
- Thereafter click on “Start” and click “Control Panel”.
- Then, hit the option “Programs” preceded by selecting “Uninstall A Program”.
- Moving on, click on QB then select “Uninstall.”
- If after doing the above step, your screen shows a pop-up reading “User Account Control” then click “Continue”. Then obey the instructions coming on your screen.
- Furthermore, once done with the “Uninstall” process, click “Windows Explorer” preceded by renaming QB.
- If some of your files are nowhere to be found or are missing then select “Tools”. Hit “Show hidden files”.
- Finally, restart the PC.
Method 6: Component Repair Tool
QuickBooks Error 3371 also bothers users due to installation issues. When this occurs, you can use an effective tool known as QuickBooks Component Repair Tool for repairing the problem. The steps are:
- To begin with, start downloading the repair tool by opening the Inuit site.
- Now, click twice on the downloaded file and one by one follow the prompts.
- Once you have finished the prompts coming on the screen, just restart your system.
After concluding this step, run the repair tool and resolve Microsoft .Net framework by completing the following steps:
- Initially, save the file which you had earlier downloaded.
- Choose the desktop location to save the file.
- After that, exit any opened running programs.
- Moving on, run the component repair tool to begin the diagnosis and repairing process.
- After that, reboot your system.
Method 7: Clearing Ecml File
This step is extremely useful in repairing QuickBooks error 3371. Let’s check the steps in detail:
- Firstly, access the window of “Run” by typing its command.
- Then type up “C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv8”.
- Click “OK” to access it.
- Moving on, you will see a list of files on the screen.
- There, you have to right-tap on the specific “ECML File ” and remove it.
- Now, close the window.
- Finally, run QB followed by “Registering the product” once again.
Method 8: Modifying the Entitlement File Name
Users with Windows XP
- If you are using windows version XP then tap on “Start”.
- Open the window of “Run”.
- There, write up “Entitlement DataStore. ecml file: Documents and All Users Data Intuit Entitlement Clientv2”.
- Once done, click on “OK”.
- In the end, change the name of the file from Entitlementdatastore. ECML file to a new one
Users with Windows 7
- For the users having Windows 7, go to the path – “C: ProgramData Entitlement Client*”.
- After that, modify the Entitlement file name.
- Once done, open QuickBooks. Note that a new file has already been created for you.
- Moving on, follow a few more steps mentioned below in case you are unable to see the data folder.
- Reach out to “My Computer”.
- Now tap on “Organize”.
- Going on, choose the tab “Folder”, then click “Search”.
- Then click on the option named “Hidden Files & Folders”.
- Finally, open QuickBooks to confirm if the QuickBooks error 3371 is no longer existing in the system.
Method 9: Clean All Junk Files
Users need to clean the junk files from time to time to stop the accumulation of unnecessary temporary files. These data result in the slow functioning of your PC leading to more troubles. The steps for removing junk files are:
- Firstly click “Start”.
- Hit on “File Explorer”
- Then tap on “This PC”.
- Now right-tap on the main hard drive.
- Select “Properties”.
- Use the button Disk Cleanup to see the items you need to remove such as temporary files.
- To get additional options, tap “Clean System Files”. Mark those categories you desire to delete. Then hit “OK” and “Delete Files”.
Method 10. Resolving The Error Manually
If none of the troubleshooting techniques helped to resolve QuickBooks error 3371, then we believe it is time to repair it manually. The steps are:
- Firstly recreate the corrupt entitlement store.ECML files and repairs the License Error and registration glitches.
- After that, you can fix MSXML, .NET Framework, and C++ pitfalls by resolving QB install diagnostic tools.
- Thereafter, reinstall it by carrying out a clean QB installation.
- Now run reboot. file.
- In the end, you need to update QB to its newest release.
- By now, this nagging error must have gone successfully.