Solutions to QuickBooks error 15222
There are multiple solutions to this error. You have to try out each solution one by one until finding the right solution that deals with your case. Also, don’t forget to create a backup of your data. This will help to avoid data loss.
Solution 1: Changing Firewall settings
You simply have to change the firewall settings by adding QuickBooks as an exception. To do this, follow these instructions.
- Open your default browser.
- Now, go to tools and look for firewall settings.
- In the firewall settings, navigate to exceptions.
- Add the following as firewall exceptions.
Restart your computer to save the changes.
Solution 2: Installing a digital signature
To do this, first of all, open windows file manager.
- In the file manager, type in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks. Press Enter.
- Now, find the QBW32.exe file in the QuickBooks folder.
- Right-click on the QBW32.exe file and choose properties.
- Below the Digital signatures, section look for the list of signatures.
- Next, click on details on the Intuit Inc digital signature.
- Press the View Certificate option in the Digital Signature Details tab.
- Just select the Install Certificate option in the Certificate tab.
- Keep clicking on the Next button until you reach the finish option.
- After finishing this process, you have to try to update the QuickBooks software again.
Solution 3: Set Internet Explorer as the default browser
Well, this solution could be controversial because of obvious reasons, but you have to do it temporarily. You can change the default browser after the error is resolved. So, let’s see how you can do this.
- Open your Internet Explorer browser.
- Go to Tools and select Internet options.
- Navigate to the Programs tab and click on the make default option.
- Click the Ok button.
- Try updating QuickBooks software again
Solution 4: QuickBooks File Doctor
There are two ways to use the QuickBooks file doctor. Either you can download the separate software of QuickBooks file doctor or you can use it from the QuickBooks tool hub. We will discuss how you can use it from QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- First of all, download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub software.
- Now, launch the tool.
- Go to the Programs tab.
- Here you will see the option named run file doctor. Click on that.
- The file doctor will automatically detect the issue and if found, it will repair the issue.
Solution 5: Update Antivirus and Antimalware in Your System
Make sure you have a current antivirus, antispyware, and anti-malware on your computer, as well as set the following exceptions by including the following domains: QuickBooks.com, Intuit.com, Payroll.com, QBW32.exe, and QBupdate.exe.
These were the solutions to this error. We genuinely hope that we were able to resolve your QuickBooks Update errors. You may like to check out this article. It will help in resolving your other issues.