QuickBooks Error PS058 is a common error that occurs when trying to download the latest payroll updates in QuickBooks. This error can prevent users from accessing the most up-to-date payroll tax tables and can disrupt the payroll processing workflow. Error PS058 is typically related to issues with the QuickBooks company file or network connectivity problems. In this comprehensive guide, we will provide detailed troubleshooting steps to resolve QuickBooks Error PS058 and ensure smooth payroll updates and accurate tax calculations in QuickBooks.
Causes of QuickBooks Error PS058: QuickBooks Error PS058 can occur due to various factors, including:
- Network connectivity issues: If there are problems with your internet connection or network settings, it can trigger Error PS058.
- Issues with the QuickBooks company file: Corruption or damage to the QuickBooks company file can lead to Error PS058 during the payroll update process.
- Firewall or antivirus software: Sometimes, firewall or antivirus settings can block QuickBooks from accessing the internet and cause Error PS058.
- Incomplete or interrupted payroll update: If the payroll update process is interrupted or incomplete, it can result in Error PS058.
Now, let’s proceed to the troubleshooting steps to resolve QuickBooks Error PS058:
Step 1: Check Your Internet Connection
- Ensure that you have a stable and reliable internet connection.
- Open a web browser and try accessing a few websites to verify the internet connectivity.
- If there are issues with your internet connection, contact your internet service provider for assistance.
- Once the internet connection is stable, try downloading the payroll updates in QuickBooks again to check if the error is resolved.
Step 2: Disable Firewall and Antivirus Software
- Temporarily disable any firewall or antivirus software running on your computer.
- Refer to the documentation or support website of your security software for instructions on how to disable it.
- Try downloading the payroll updates in QuickBooks again to check if the error is resolved.
- If the error is resolved, consider adding QuickBooks as an exception in your security software or adjusting the settings to allow QuickBooks to access the internet.
Step 3: Rename the Paysub.ini File
- Close QuickBooks and navigate to the folder where the Paysub.ini file is located.
- By default, the file is located in the following directory: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX\Components\Payroll\Paysub.ini (Note: Replace “20XX” with the appropriate QuickBooks version, such as 2022 or 2023.)
- Right-click on the Paysub.ini file and select “Rename.”
- Add “.old” at the end of the file name (e.g., Paysub.ini.old).
- Restart QuickBooks and try downloading the payroll updates again.
Step 4: Run QuickBooks Repair Tool
- Close QuickBooks and download the QuickBooks Repair Tool from the official Intuit website.
- Install and run the tool on your computer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to scan and repair any issues with the QuickBooks company file.
- Once the repair process is complete, restart QuickBooks and try downloading the payroll updates again.
Step 5: Perform a Clean Install of QuickBooks
- Create a backup of your QuickBooks company file to ensure data safety.
- Uninstall QuickBooks from your computer using the Control Panel.
- Download the latest version of QuickBooks from the official Intuit website.
- Install QuickBooks using the downloaded setup file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Restore your company file from the backup.
- Try downloading the payroll updates in QuickBooks again.
Step 6: Contact QuickBooks Support If the above steps do not resolve QuickBooks Error PS058, it is recommended to contact QuickBooks Support for further assistance. They have the expertise to diagnose and troubleshoot the issue specific to your QuickBooks installation and network configuration.
QuickBooks Error PS058 can disrupt the payroll update process and prevent users from accessing the latest payroll tax tables. By following the troubleshooting steps outlined in this guide, you can effectively resolve Error PS058 and ensure seamless payroll updates and accurate tax calculations in QuickBooks. Check your internet connection, disable firewall and antivirus software, rename the Paysub.ini file, run QuickBooks Repair Tool, perform a clean install of QuickBooks, and contact QuickBooks Support if needed. With these steps, you can overcome QuickBooks Error PS058 and continue processing payroll smoothly in QuickBooks.