Issues Causing QuickBooks Error 15406
Before getting into the methods it is necessary to look at the issues that help in identifying QuickBooks error code 15406:
- Damaged or corrupted company files due to incomplete installation.
- Wrong setup of Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Digital signatures cannot be verified by QuickBooks.
- Any malware or exploit attack on your computer.
- Internet Connectivity is very poor.
- Your Windows Registry file is damaged or corrupted.
Best Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error 15406
Finally, the time has come to get to the methods that will help you to fix QuickBooks error 15406 and you will be able to work smoothly and effectively.
Method 1: Verify your QuickBooks Settings and Internet Connection
It is good if you have a good internet connection as you will be able to work effectively. And also check your QBs settings so that you can change them at your convenience.
- Firstly, go to QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then choose Internet Connection Setup from the Help option.
- After that click on Use my computer’s Internet connection settings.
- Lastly, tap on Next and select Advanced Connection Settings.
Method 2: Execute Clean Install
Clean Install helps in the easy installation of software by removing all previous versions. To do so just look at the steps below:
- For that, you need to uninstall QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then Install and run Clean Install Tool.
- After that manually change the name of the QuickBooks Desktop installation folders.
- At last, reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
Method 3: Install “Digital Signature Certificate”
A digital signature certificate is a public key that identifies your organization. If it is not verified then errors like QuickBooks error 15406 will arise.
- If QuickBooks is not closed then close it.
- Then navigate the QBW32.exe file in C:\ Program Files (x86)\Intuit\ QuickBooks.
- After that tap on the .exe file and go to Properties.
- Now, choose Properties and then Digital Signature.
- Make sure that intuit. inc is on record and hit on the View certificate.
- Certificate Window will appear just tap on the Install option.
- Lastly, go through the on-screen instructions.
Method 4: Setup Firewall and Antivirus
We all know that a firewall helps in protecting your system from external threats and antivirus protects your PC internally. So setting up both is needed to remove this error. After successfully setting up the firewall and antivirus, you must look out for the prevalence of the existing QuickBooks payroll error 15406. In case it still exists, look out for the next solution below.
Method 5: Try to download Updates in Safe Mode
Downloading updates in safe mode assists you to get rid of this type of error as it will install only a limited number of components.
- Firstly, try to open your PC in Safe Mode.
- Then start to download Updates.
- Wait for a few minutes till it gets finished.
- Once done, restart your PC in normal mode.
- Lastly, re-download the update.