Possible Reasons of QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
The QuickBooks Desktop application files might have gone corrupted, damaged, or missing.
- The company file is broken.
- Your computer could be under malware or virus attack.
- The windows registry file could be damaged.
- The installation of QuickBooks could be improper.
- You may have downloaded a pirated version of QuickBooks.
- A third-party antivirus like your antivirus could be blocking the functioning of QuickBooks.
- Another reason that can cause this error to happen is DLL files.
Symptoms of the QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
- You will notice that your windows operating system slowing down.
- Your active program window will get crashed.
- Your system gets frozen often.
- A dialogue box with the error message Error 80029C4A pops up.
- Your windows will respond slowly to mouse and keyboard inputs.
- Sometimes, QuickBooks doesn’t open due to this error.
How to Troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a?
There are multiple methods that you can use to rectify this error. You have to try out each method one by one until you find the solution that applies to your case. Also, create a backup of files to avoid any kind of data loss.
Solution 1: Update Avast
You will have to update the Avast antivirus if that has been activated on your computer.
- Initially, you have to right-click on the Avast icon.
- Now, click on the update option.
- Select the Program tab. Simply follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.
Solution 2: Quarantine the Antivirus
There are instances when the antivirus and other third-party applications block the functioning of QuickBooks. So, you have to ensure that this does not happen. So, just uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks to overcome this issue. Also, check if any of the following programs are quarantined, if so allow them access through the firewall.
Solution 3: With Reboot.bat
- Initially, you need to shut down the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Next, you will have to open the folder in which you intend to reboot.bat file. To do this, right-click on the file, go to properties and select the open file location.
- Now you have to right-click the reboot.bat file. Choose the option named Run as System Administrator.
- You have to ensure that you run the reboot.bat as the Windows Administrator.
- Do not close the window till the process is over.
- Finally, after the completion of the process, restart your computer.
Solution 4: Update QuickBooks
Updating the QuickBooks Desktop software is a good practice. It is vital because each new update contains bug fixes, critical features, and much more. So, you can realize how important it is. Your error may get fixed just by simply updating the QuickBooks application.
To do this, first of all, open your QuickBooks software and click on help on the upper pane. Now, select the update QuickBooks option. Finally, after selecting the latest version of QuickBooks you have to click on get updates.
Solution 5: Windows Repair of QuickBooks
- The first thing to do is to close your QuickBooks desktop.
- After that, you have to press the Windows button.
- Now, open the Control Panel on your system.
- Choose Uninstall or change the program.
- Select QuickBooks from the list that appears.
- Just click the Uninstall/Change option.
- Simply click on Next.
- Now you have to select the Repair Radio button. Later, click on Next.
- Click the Repair button at the bottom.
- Finally, restart your system.
Solution 6: Carry out SFC
- The very first step in this process is to click on the Start menu. Now you have to type the command in the search box of the start menu.
- Now, you have to press Ctrl + Shift keys. Simply hit the enter key.
- A permission dialogue will appear, you have to click Yes.
- In the command prompt, you have to type SFC/Scannow and then hit Enter.
- You have to wait till the process is over.
Solution 7- QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
QuickBooks clean install tool is basically developed to resolve this kind of technical error that occurs during run-time. It is one of the most used methods to fix any type of error in QuickBooks. Follow the below-listed steps to fix QuickBooks Error 80029c4a. Moreover, ensure that you have the backup file of your company file.
- Download the updated QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Click on the Quickbookstoolhub.exe file to install it.
- Now, locate the installation issue option and click on the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- Moving ahead, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Keep your product information ready to use for the next steps.
- Re-install the QBs software for new installation.
- Lastly, you need to launch the software by giving the product registration info.
Solution 8- Check for the Viruses
Sometimes you face the error because of virus attacks. You need to check frequently whether your system is infected by the malware or not. If yes, then follow the below-outlined steps in order to remove the virus and keep your software free from the error.
- Run your antivirus software to detect malware or virus attacks.
- Let the software scan.
- If the virus is detected, it can resolve the attacks automatically.
- Lastly, reboot your computer system and launch your QB software again.